Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yay Starbucks

edit: I'm currently camped out at Ohiopyle State Park in SW Pennsylvania. I'll be there through Monday or Tuesday.

I have no idea where the fuck I am. I just told my GPS to find a starbucks near my campsite and here I am. Quick post before my two hours of free internet are up.

I think that I will be taking the following route after this weekend. I have no idea when I'll be in each place, but I'll try to contact people at least a few days in advance.

From Stewart PA where I am now:

to Asheville, NC (I hear this place is good for vegans)
to Charlotte NC (you can stop bugging me to visit you now! :)
to some place in SE NC (wherever Timeline lives...Wilmington? I'll PM you)
to South Beach FL (sup Traff)
to New Orleans (Kittee when are you moving? I want to visit you)
to Houston/Austin/Dallas TX (Which of these is most awesome?)
to Albuquerque (because why not? (thanks Brecca))
to Flagstaff (on the way anyway)
to San Francisco (maybe if I get here by July I can go to the LSA conference there)
to LA (visiting more internet friends)
to Portland (hopefully to settle down for a while).

The following items were factors in my decision:
The route that let me visit the most people that I like
The route that seemed more fun in general
The route that wouldn't be butt-ass cold in the winter, so I can still camp out
The fact that I probably have a 0% chance of getting in to Amherst, so why bother? (sorry L...I'm still applying there though)

8 comments:

bazu said...

I'm jealous of all the traveling you get to do! Can't wait to meet up this weekend...

bazu said...

p.s. I'm bringing chili powder!

turtle tracks said...

You're moving to Portland!? (It's BT, by the way.) While you're in Pennsylvania, you should check out Centralia. I'm pretty sure it's still burning.

Mary Worrell said...

Damn, no drive through Virginia?

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

jeff, I seriously approve! And I'm not just saying that. take pics of your trip!!

B.A.D. said...

I don't see Quispamsis Canada on that list Jeff.

B.A.D. said...

Also did you get the toonie I gave the twins to give you? If not I am sending Bazu up with another one.

<3 Best wishes

KitteeBee said...

hey jeff,
we should definitely be down here when you come. you're welcome to stay with us, we have an extra bed and guest room and free wifi!!! We can get snowballs and i'll take you to the bayou to visit the Kenny Hill Sculptural garden and the UCM museum. We can get drunk. Please come.

xo
kittee