Thursday, August 14, 2008

Asheville NC!

I pretty much love this place. It's almost as good as Portland. I'm at an independent bookstore right now, Malaprops, and I'm gonna explore around downtown today. There's a museum I want to check out, two restaurants with lots of vegan food (Rosetta's Kitchen and Laughing Seed), and the city sponsors both free wifi access in the downtown area, and live music performances in a small park downtown.

Last night I hung out with Bryophyte from the PPK and she was pretty darn cool. We grabbed some dinner at Rosetta's and then walked around downtown a bit, but a lot of stores were closed by 5:00, so I'm gonna hit them up today. We also saw a belly dancer/drum performance in the public park, and then grabbed some beers at Jack of the Woods bar, which is owned by the Green Man brewing company. I'm going to do a brewery tour there later today. Hell, if they're hiring I might not leave here.

2 comments:

Mary Worrell said...

Asheville sounds so awesome, yet I've never been. Glad you're having a rad time!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I come late to the party as always. If you happen to pass by Durkanis and I anywhere along the way (Cookeville TN woo), you're welcome to crash here for a day or something.

We're not very exciting or anything, but I thought I'd throw it out there. If you need my number ask Zui or something.