Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A year is kind of a long time, really

It's a new year tonight, and rather than dwell on the fact that I have no one to kiss to ring in the new year, I am going to spend time thinking about what I've done this past year. It has actually been a rather eventful year for me.

1) Comprehensive Exams
I passed my comprehensive exams, which led to me being able to graduate with my master's degree. Obviously I'm not using it right now, but I consider the experience to have been incredibly worthwhile on a number of levels.

2) Traveled around the country
I spent about a month in my car traveling around the US meeting awesome people and camping and laying on the beach.

3) Moving to Portland
I love this city. Within a week of getting here, I had a decent apartment, and now I've found a job before I ran out of money. Mission accomplished!

ok I don't know if three bullet points actually constitute "a rather eventful year", but it's certainly been an adventurous and uncertain year. I'm hoping that this next year will be more occupationally and financially stable, less paper-writingly stressful, and contain a good deal more kissing than the last.

1 comment:

Karla said...

amen to that last part! though, for me, this year was definitely better than the past 3 years at least.

maybe if you're paragraphs would've been longer it would make it seem more eventful, but those are 3 major things to happen in a year.