Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Snippets, because I've been lazy

1) Jeff got a job.
I'm working at an all-vegan bakery in SE Portland now. It is awesome. I spend most of my time baking, and I'm also learning the ropes of our wholesale outfit so I can manage that part of things.

2) Snow sucks.
don't get me wrong, it could be a lot worse (cf: Iowa), but it's still snow and cold in a city where people have sworn to me that it never gets below freezing in the winter. Lucky me, I move here in time for the first real winter they've seen in at least 4 years.

3) Xbox.
I got a job, so I got my xbox back. Thanks mom! I picked up Fable 2, and it's pretty awesome, though I've already beaten the main story line (short game). Luckily, it's got tons of other things to do even after you've beaten it. I'm probably going to pick up Mass Effect again soon, because that game is awesome.

4) Portland is awesome for free stuff.
I found a kickass coffee table around the corner from my apartment, so I dragged it home and now it's in my living room. I also got a free working 27" TV on craigslist, and I made a TV stand for it with the remains of a disassembled futon frame that I found on the street. My couch is the backseat of someone's car that they had out by the trash, and my 5' tall book case was out on the curb with a 'FREE' sign on it. Basically all of my furniture is castoffs or made with castoffs. I feel pretty good that I've been saving money (important when unemployed!), not contributing to big corporate profits, and saving usable things from the landfill.

1 comment:

Karla said...

this is the most snow they've seen here in about a decade. it's fuckin' ridiculous and it's messing up karla's plans!!! My destination has a high of 76 or something today and i'm here where the high is 30 and there's a couple feet of snow outside. Oh, i'm at your work right now.

get a fun game that i would play!