Saturday, January 10, 2009

Needs more books

I finished the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide Compendium a few days ago, and I'm kind of stuck with nothing fun to read right now. I finished the one book I got for xmas too. When I left Iowa City, I sold the vast majority of my books, but kept a big box of ones that were favorites of mine, or had sentimental value, but this also means that I've read each of them maybe a billion times each. I may head to Powell's in the near future to bulk up my bookshelves, or I might just head to the library and use that card I got. We'll see.

My local branch doesn't have a ton of books on hand, so I'd likely be requesting a bunch from the interlibrary loan, but if I want to read a book enough to bother requesting it, I feel like I might be better off buying it so I can keep it. I think I'll head there after work tomorrow anyway and see what they have on hand for "impulse reading".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Library is the way to go. Even if you need to use the inter-library loan service. It's free. You can't beat that!!! If spend, say, $10 a month on a book, you could save $120 a year! Great savings!
--advice from The Librarian

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I go to the downtown library 2-3 times a week. It sure has a bigger selection than the small Belmont branch. However, I constantly request books and dvds, as you know, through the interlibrary loan system - which you should do...for the Monster Island trilogy! rar!