Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Preparations are nearly complete

T-minus: 5 days
Things are moving along nicely in my quest to rid myself of extraneous material goods. The vast majority of my furniture is gone, either to consignment or via craigslist. The only remaining pieces: my large glass desk, a wooden hexagonal end-table, and my wooden coffee table. It seems that craigslisters don't want these pieces for whatever reason, and the consignment shop won't take them. Why they're full on hexagonal end-tables is beyond me, but the other two pieces have large panes of glass, which they don't accept. Regardless, I need to find some way to get rid of these pieces besides just throwing them away. I suppose freecycle is my best bet at this point.

Soon I will be able to start packing my car with the things that I'm actually keeping, instead of the things I'm getting rid of. This should lead to better mental health for me as my apartment begins to declutter itself again. I've completely cleared out the two bedrooms, and the majority of my kitchen drawers/cabinets, but this leaves me with bags and boxes of things I am taking with me sitting and taking up space in my living room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds liberating. I've been wanting to de-clutter my life as well.Have any tips.

wishiwasinphilly (aim)