Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting down to the wire

Two Days Left
My desk sold yesterday. I'm a little worried about actually fitting everything I have left into my car, but I think I can swing it.

Today needs to be a cleaning day. This place has to be spotless when I turn in my keys on the morning of the 22nd, so I've got my work cut out for me. I can hear my mother now "if you'd just cleaned the small things on a regular basis, you wouldn't have so much work to do now!" I can't help but think though, that I'm saving time in the long run by just doing it all at once at the end. Anyway, I did give the place a reasonably thorough cleaning when I had Couchsurfers over a few weeks ago, so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.

I didn't quite get my kitchen finished yesterday, though I did get two boxes of non-perishable stuff packed up from my pantry. I need to find a small box for my spices, I think. I'm dreading the refrigerator, because I know I'm going to have to throw things out and that makes me sad. I don't think there are any food banks in the area that will take perishable items, especially if they're already half gone.

No comments: