Friday, March 6, 2009

Extreme biking up a volcano

I rode my bike up a volcano yesterday.

ok, well most of the way up. The first bit of the trail is a bitch and a half, but things level off a little better further up. And the way down was super easy, of course.

Mt. Tabor is an extinct volcano that is within the city limits of Portland. Not only is it in the city limits, but the park around Mt. Tabor is about a mile away from my apartment. I'm not sure why I hadn't explored that area yet, but I finally got around to it yesterday and it was pretty awesome. Lots of windy roads and trails, a neat playground, and good seating at the top for hanging out and watching sunsets and whatnot. Not to mention a pretty amazing view looking downtown. Plus there are some reservoirs on the park land as well, which look cool, but I don't think you'd want to swim in them or anything. Only one of them was full yesterday.

I took some pictures, they'll be up on Flickr shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the pix. Great trees!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!